Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wow Its Been Forever, but I got some inspiration...(OPK Tip)

It has definitly been awhile since I posted, and our journey has not ended. We have not conceived yet, but we are happy to report that our friends (heterosexual) have coneived naturally after trying for 3 and a half yrs! They had a 10 LB! cyst removed taking my friends ovary and fallopian tube in Nov and on the first try they were prego! WoW! This is why it is important to be checked out if you are trying to conceive and have not, but Im super excited for them.

We have been trying since Nov with no luck, but we have switched to a donor that we know and did all the necessary paperwork to ensure it goes smoothly. He is younger than us and has no desire for children anytime soon. We have tried four times with him and our currently in our TWW AGAIN! ugh. We did figure out that my partner was ovulating closer to the beginning of her surge which I believe was making us late in the past, and also we are using Pre-Seed due to some dryness.

I will update the blog and let everyone know how this goes! Im starting to get antsy already, I think cause we have heard such good things about Preseed or just that this process has been so long.


I also want to add for people using OPK's I would test in the morning and at 2pm, we were testing only in the morning like the directions and our doctor told us and we believe we were missing it. Heres how....
on day 13 we would morning test (FMU) and get a negative, then no test til the 14th where we would get a positive, we would then inseminate the evening of the 14th day thinking we were only doing it 12 hrs past positive OPK, but I decided this month lets test twice a day, morning and afternoon, and BAM a positive OPK day 13 at 2pm rather than day 14 at 8am thats an 18hr difference! so when we would inseminate the evening of the 14th day we were actually 32 hrs behind! thats a big difference then to have inseminated on the evening of the 13th day only 8 hrs past. (Note: we did test in the morning on the 14th day after the positive on 13th day to see if the same thing would have happened to us and it would have) so even though those things are expensive testing twice a day is worth it when timing is so important our egg was most likely not even viable by the time we were inseminating and my partner is like clock work so we thought we had her cycle completely figured out.


1 comment:

  1. It is important to get checked out. I hate doctors. And I was stupid. Imagine how much frustration we would have been spared if I had just dragged my happy @$$ to the freakin' obgyn! They might have been able to do a laparoscopy 3 years ago instead of slicing my abdomen wide open and going "elbows deep" to retrieve that fat s.o.b.! (Which was 15 lbs, btw.)

    ReplyDelete