Friday, January 14, 2011

In-Depth on Pricing and a Warning

I wanted to write a post that was alittle more in-depth because as I read the forums on California Cryobank I seen some inportant questions in which I had already received information on in my research.....

A warning that was given to us by our GYN was to not let a GYN perform AI, but rather go to the fertility clinic, he informed us that is it a delicate procedure and can cause infection if not performed correctly or the specimen not handled correctly.

Doc also wrote my partner a prescription for Folic Acid and said this is very helpful in the process when planning ahead for a pregnancy. You can purchase Folic Acid over the counter he just wanted to give her alittle higher dosage.

The price for the procedure at South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine is: $409 this covers the handling of the specimen and the IUI procedure.

Here is more info on the clinic:

I also wanted to include some insurance information: our preliminary tests are covered under our insurance including the ultrasound to check her follicles, but the insemination procedure is not. We were also told that once she is prescribed medicine that anything after would not be covered as that would mean that a diagnosis was reached and most insurance companies do not cover the insemination as once you are pregnant it only costs them more money.

If I think of anything else I will be sure and post it.

http://ivfmd.com/eng/

No comments:

Post a Comment